Tuesday, February 17, 2009
Here's How You Can Help Mike Win the Case....
Updated as of Mon. Feb. 23, 7:53 PM EST
THANKS FOR YOUR PARTICIPATION. WE ARE NO LONGER ROUTINELY ACCEPTING NEW PLAINTIFFS. IF YOU WISH TO SUBMIT A DECLARATION ANYWAY, WE WILL CONSIDER IT IF TIME AND STAFFING ALLOW.
It's easy, it's almost free (a postage stamp, and maybe a fax call), and there's no obligation to make a court appearance if you do not wish to.
To become one of the 1000 plaintiffs in Newdow v. Roberts, we make it easy for you to submit a brief statement or "declaration"--less than a page--that includes information such as:
(1) Any national, state, or local atheist/humanist/freethought organizations of which you are a member, such as Freedom From Religion Foundation, American Humanist Association, Atheist Alliance Intl., American Atheists, Pennsylvania Nonbelievers, Dover Atheists ;-)...you get the idea. You do not HAVE to be a member of ANY organization, but if you are, please list them.
(2) How you classify yourself (i.e., Atheist, Humanist, Agnostic, Atheist-Humanist, etc.)
(3) How many (and which) inaugurations you have seen/heard in the past (including watching on television, etc.) Use your best recollection.
(4) Whether or not you saw/heard the 2009 Obama inauguration. If so, under what circumstances (e.g. in person, on TV, radio, internet, etc.).
(5) If you saw/heard the inauguration, describe your response vis-a-vis the religious intrusion in the inauguration event. [ Please note that general statements about your feelings on church-state separation are not relevant here. We need specifics about what you felt as a result of what you saw and heard. Also, please avoid rants about political parties or politics in general. We are concerned with the inauguration event. ]
(6) If you didn't see/hear the inauguration, explain why not.
(7) Best estimate of how many future inaugurations you plan to watch/hear (either in person or via TV/media)
(8) Also, if you have minor children who saw/heard the inauguration with you, or who you expect will see/hear the next inauguration, please put that in your declaration as well (including their CURRENT AGES, and any information about HOW you believe their viewing/hearing the "so help you, God?", "so help me God", and clergy-led prayer will/could/did harm or adversely affect them).
(9) Penalty of perjury statement
Click HERE for a template to help you compose your declaration.
It's easy and quick.